[oe] [meta-browser] Modern Chromium with GN

Jacobo Aragunde Pérez jaragunde at igalia.com
Thu Oct 5 10:20:56 UTC 2017

Hi all,

On 05/10/17 02:43, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> Hi Jocobo,
>
> Please have a look at
> https://github.com/rakuco/meta-crosswalk/tree/chromium61/recipes-browser/chromium
> from Raphael (CCed). It is an interesting and promising approach.

Indeed, I've been in touch with Raphael who has also attended the
hackfest. We have decided to go on with his approach, I will test those
recipes in different hardware and add some missing bits there were
before in meta-browser.

> I have built against minnow (x86-64) and rpi3-32 (armv7ve)
> successfully with pyro. I haven't had time to runtime test anything
> yet. I'm still seeing a build issue with both MACHINEs against master.

I've tested a rpi3-32 image and I've successfully built an armv8 image
for R-Car gen3, which I still have to test. So far I had to add a couple
of backports related with the toolchain they use in Renesas BSPs.

I'll keep you informed of the progress :)

Best,
--
Jacobo Aragunde
Software Engineer at Igalia