[oe] [meta-browser] Modern Chromium with GN

Raphael Kubo da Costa raphael.kubo.da.costa at intel.com
Mon Oct 9 15:27:25 UTC 2017

Jacobo Aragunde Pérez <jaragunde at igalia.com> writes:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have several potential patches for Rafael's layer after having tried
> several builds for different hardware. I'm sending individual mails to
> discuss each of them.
>
> The first one is pretty straightforward. It is just a backport of an
> existing upstream chromium patch to fix a compilation error on some GCC
> versions. I've reproduced the error with gcc-linaro-5.3 and gcc-5.4.0
> toolchains, and the patch fixes it. GCC 6 seems not to have any problem
> with the original code but I still think it makes no harm to include the
> patch.
>
> Find the patch attached.

Hey Jacobo,

Sorry for the delay, it took me a couple of days to catch up with
everything after returning from the Hackfest :-)

I've just added some context to the patch and adjusted its name. It's
now in my chromium61 branch as commit 13cdc60.

Thanks!

(P.S.: I haven't given up on the idea of merging my recipe into
meta-browser, I just need to get around to doing it :-)