[oe] [meta-browser] Modern Chromium with GN

Raphael Kubo da Costa raphael.kubo.da.costa at intel.com
Mon Oct 30 13:23:25 UTC 2017

Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> writes:

> I was able to successfully build for the minnow board (x86_64), but
> when I tried building for the 32-bit variant for raspberrypi3 I got:
>
>     | install: cannot stat 'swiftshader/libEGL.so': No such file or directory
>
> during the do_install step for chromium itself. Odd, I thought egl
> came from mesa? (but then again I thought OE built its own
> gcc-native... :-S

Thanks for spotting that, I've fixed it in commit de21170 ("chromium:
Install SwiftShader only when building for Intel architectures"). I've
now checked the M62 build on pyro with GCC 5.4.0 and
MACHINE="raspberrypi3".

As for the EGL question: as far as I know, the SwiftShader stuff [1] is
a CPU-based OpenGL implementation that's used when hardware acceleration
is not available.

[1] https://github.com/google/swiftshader