[oe] meta-openembedded Layers

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 21:00:10 UTC 2018

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 10:39 PM, akuster808 <akuster808 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/19/2018 08:59 AM, Tom Rini wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 02:32:15PM -0700, akuster808 wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I have been reviewing the meta-openembedded sub-layers and I plan on
>>> taking the following actions:
>>>
>>> Please keep your comments focused on the 3 items below.
>>>

>>> 1) I plan on resetting the sub-layer maintainers. Several maintainers
>>> listed have been inactive.
>>>
>>> If a currently listed maintainer is interested in continuing, please
>>> send me an email.  I plan on removing in-active maintainers in 12 days (
>>> March 30th).
> Patches going out today.
>

>>> 2) I plan removing meta-filesystem and moving recipes to other layers.
> Based on Martin's response, I keep meta-filesystem around one more release.
>>>

>>> 3)  Meta-gnome, I have heard feed back regarding this layer. Does it
>>> make sense to remove it and push needed recipes out to  other layers?
>>>

>>> I want to get any restructuring done prior to sumo release to lessen
>>> impact on the Sumo maintainer.
>> I would suggest that for sumo, any layers that do get moved /
>> re-distributed / whatever, a "dummy" version be kept in place that says
>> where it moved to (or where recipes were migrated to, or whatever is
>> appropriate) and then they can be dropped in master.
>>
> For meta-gnome I decided to BLACKLIST all remaining recipes with planes
> to remove them for Thud.  This follows the current blacklist policy.
>
> - Armin

Sorry but this email slipped through for me. Was busy getting sumo
into shape. BTW: have still not the slightest idea what patches might
get applied - so I'll stop to send out more.

FWIW

* I want to continue maintaining meta-xfce.
* I still don't like killing meta-gnome. But go on I'll do my own
layer for those recipe I take care of. I am tired of people
complaining instead sending patches. This is kind of consumer
mentality I wouldn't expect here.

Andreas