[oe] meta-openembedded Layers

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 21:33:29 UTC 2018

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 11:00 PM, Andreas Müller <schnitzeltony at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 10:39 PM, akuster808 <akuster808 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Patches going out today.

>> Based on Martin's response, I keep meta-filesystem around one more release.

>>> I would suggest that for sumo, any layers that do get moved /
>>> re-distributed / whatever, a "dummy" version be kept in place that says
>>> where it moved to (or where recipes were migrated to, or whatever is
>>> appropriate) and then they can be dropped in master.
>>>
>> For meta-gnome I decided to BLACKLIST all remaining recipes with planes
>> to remove them for Thud.  This follows the current blacklist policy.
>>
>> - Armin
>>
> Sorry but this email slipped through for me. Was busy getting sumo
> into shape. BTW: have still not the slightest idea what patches might
> get applied - so I'll stop to send out more.
>
> FWIW
>
> * I want to continue maintaining meta-xfce.
> * I still don't like killing meta-gnome. But go on I'll do my own
> layer for those recipe I take care of. I am tired of people
> complaining instead sending patches. This is kind of consumer
> mentality I wouldn't expect here.

Just to make it clear: I am totally disappointed of the way things are
handled here and what the priorities are:

I've invested a lot of time in several layers for sumo to

1. keep recipes up to date
2. remove outdated recipes and helping people depending on them
3. fix bugs
4. ask for when is sumo is going to appear here exactly without
getting an answer

There are ~60 patches pending for me and again: I have no idea what
status they are in or if there is some rebase necessary or if they're
going to get blacklisted.

Forget me as maintainer for something here and go on blacklisting.
While you are at it how about blacklisting meta-xfce?

Over and out

Andreas