[oe] meta-openembedded Layers

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 22:33:18 UTC 2018

On 04/08/2018 02:33 PM, Andreas Müller wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 11:00 PM, Andreas Müller <schnitzeltony at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Patches going out today.

>>> Based on Martin's response, I keep meta-filesystem around one more release.

>>> For meta-gnome I decided to BLACKLIST all remaining recipes with planes
>>> to remove them for Thud.  This follows the current blacklist policy.
>>>
>>> - Armin
>>>
>> Sorry but this email slipped through for me. Was busy getting sumo
>> into shape. BTW: have still not the slightest idea what patches might
>> get applied - so I'll stop to send out more.
>>
>> FWIW
>>
>> * I want to continue maintaining meta-xfce.
>> * I still don't like killing meta-gnome. But go on I'll do my own
>> layer for those recipe I take care of. I am tired of people
>> complaining instead sending patches. This is kind of consumer
>> mentality I wouldn't expect here.
>>
> Just to make it clear: I am totally disappointed of the way things are
> handled here and what the priorities are:
>
> I've invested a lot of time in several layers for sumo to
>
> 1. keep recipes up to date
> 2. remove outdated recipes and helping people depending on them
> 3. fix bugs
I appreciate all the time and effort you put in maintaining the layers
you care about.

> 4. ask for when is sumo is going to appear here exactly without
> getting an answer
If I branch for sumo now, it wont be built anymore in the world builds
so we wait until core stops changing.  meta-or always lags in the
branching from core.

> There are ~60 patches pending for me and again:
pending as in submitted to be included in master or are you waiting for
merges to meta-openembedded core before sending more.  Our builds are
about 3 day's long and if it bares, they get restarted and that adds to
delays when thing get merged.

> I have no idea what
> status they are in or if there is some rebase necessary or if they're
> going to get blacklisted.

I have been using stagging/master-next for 5 months now.

> Forget me as maintainer for something here and go on blacklisting.
That would be a shame but if you are sure, you can send patches to
remove yourself as maintainer of meta-xfce.

- armin