[oe] Yocto vrs K.O kernel, wireguard go Boom

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 15:08:08 UTC 2018

Hello,

Wireguard in meta-networking is failing do to compat.h issues on newer
kernels. I have updated the package and it fixed  my problem on 4.14 K.O
kernel. Now I build it with the Yocko 4.12 and it fails. It wont fail
with a 4.12 K.O kernel. The is one commit that was backported from 4.13
K.O to yocto 4.12 which is causing the issue.

random: add get_random_{bytes,u32,u64,int,long,once}_wait family

	6e4990d8d226e1861a5a2b632cf93bc70feab3af
<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-4.12/commit/include/linux/random.h?h=standard/base&id=6e4990d8d226e1861a5a2b632cf93bc70feab3af>

 I know Yocto is maintaining the 4.12 beyond the K.O release process so
I don't know if this a kernel bug or if I need to come up with some
other solution.

regards,
Armin