[oe] [OE-core] Yocto vrs K.O kernel, wireguard go Boom

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:01:47 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 10:08 AM, akuster808 <akuster808 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Wireguard in meta-networking is failing do to compat.h issues on newer
> kernels. I have updated the package and it fixed  my problem on 4.14 K.O
> kernel. Now I build it with the Yocko 4.12 and it fails. It wont fail with
> a 4.12 K.O kernel. The is one commit that was backported from 4.13 K.O to
> yocto 4.12 which is causing the issue.
>
> random: add get_random_{bytes,u32,u64,int,long,once}_wait family
>
> 6e4990d8d226e1861a5a2b632cf93bc70feab3af
> <http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-4.12/commit/include/linux/random.h?h=standard/base&id=6e4990d8d226e1861a5a2b632cf93bc70feab3af>

If you try the 4.9 kernel, does it also have issues ? Either way, it is
likely just a -stable
fix that hasn't made it into our 4.12 maintenance cycle yet, and that is
something we
can fix by adding anything that is required to get things building again.

But knowing the 4.9 status would be a good data point, since I have more
-stable
updates queued (and not sent). So if it blows up, and then doesn't with
AUTOREV,
we have a small set of commits to look at.

Bruce

>  I know Yocto is maintaining the 4.12 beyond the K.O release process so I
> don't know if this a kernel bug or if I need to come up with some other
> solution.
>

> regards,
> Armin
>

> --

"Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee
at its end"