[oe] The license of hostapd v2.6

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 02:23:44 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 6:00 PM, Yong Zhang (AUTO-BI)
<zyong at qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:

> I am doing Yocto2.3 upgrade which also update meta-openembedded layer. I find that the version of package hostapd is updated from 2.5 to 2.6. And the license is updated from "BSD" to "GPLv2 | BSD" in hostapd recipe. As I know, There is no change in the hostapd licensing terms between 2.5 and 2.6 releases or anything that has happened since 2.6; nor are there plans of changing the license in the future. Why do you put dual license in hostapd recipe?

The LICENSE value in the meta-oe hostapd recipe has been set to "GPLv2
| BSD" since the original recipe was first added in 2012:

  http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/?id=7839b41773962011696ed02924136b00447cb382

Which recipe are you looking at when you see the LICENSE value has
changed during the update from hostapd 2.5 to 2.6 ?