[oe] meta-openembedded Layers

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 21:38:35 UTC 2018

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 2:32 PM, akuster808 <akuster808 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been reviewing the meta-openembedded sub-layers and I plan on
> taking the following actions:
>
> Please keep your comments focused on the 3 items below.
>

> 1) I plan on resetting the sub-layer maintainers. Several maintainers
> listed have been inactive.
>
> If a currently listed maintainer is interested in continuing, please
> send me an email.  I plan on removing in-active maintainers in 12 days (
> March 30th).

This sounds like a good plan.

> 2) I plan removing meta-filesystem and moving recipes to other layers.

LGTM, this also means some changes in external layers who might
depends on this layer explicitly. I hope those layer maintainers will
take needed action.

> 3)  Meta-gnome, I have heard feed back regarding this layer. Does it
> make sense to remove it and push needed recipes out to  other layers?

Agreed here again, I have only fixed this layer in past to keep it afloat to
reduce compile failures e.g. with clang or musl.