[oe] meta-openembedded Layers

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:22:51 UTC 2018

On 03/19/2018 03:47 AM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> > 2) I plan removing meta-filesystem and moving recipes to other layers.
>
> I don't have a strong opinion about this, but why meta-filesystems?
It was an easy on to pick on. Mostly because of its size. smbnetfs has a
dependency on samba which is in meta-networking, so it has to move, IMHO

> In previous discussion there were some requests for smaller, better
> manageable layers and this one with 19 recipes and only dependency on
> oe-core and meta-oe doesn't look too bad from that POV.

I don't recall that conversation but thanks for the context. I am just
trying to shake the tree to see what makes sense to change. There are
currently 7 maintainers listed, many in-active.

> If you move some recipes from it to meta-oe, then some people might
> complain even more that meta-oe has too many recipes and doesn't serve
> any specific purpose.

Thanks for the questions and feedback.
- armin