[oe] meta-xfce and meta-browser

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 20:56:15 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 9:46 PM, hunter hu <hunterhu.ca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am entering the exciting world of Yocto project, and trying to build a
> xfce based image with chromium browser support.
>
> After enabling meta-browser layer and building it, I am expecting the
> chromium browser would be included in the final core-image-minimal-xfce
> image, but it is not.
>
> I also tested the same with core-image-sato, and the chromium browser is
> indeeded included in final core-image-sato image.
>
> What makes the difference between core-image-sato and
> core-image-minimal-xfce images? how do I make core-image-minimal-xfce
> include chromium browser?
>
> Thanks in advance for your insight,
> Hunter
Chromium has to be added to the recipe you create your image with e.g
add 'chromium-x11' to core-image-minimal-xfce.bb - or create your own
recipe. As the name says core-image-minimal-xfce is a minimum
xfce-desktop. As far as I can remember it was created for test purpose
(I never used it to be honest).

Andreas