[oe] RFC: Add DISTRO_FEATURES(xfce) to control meta-xfce

Adrian Bunk bunk at stusta.de
Fri Jun 28 12:58:45 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 10:20:36AM +0800, Hongxu Jia wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Currently, I am improving OE to follow Yocto Project Compatible,
> One rule of Yocto Project Compatible is when a new layer is added,
> it should not affect other layer, but unfortunately, bbappend in
> meta-xfce broke the rule.
>
> So I suggest to add DISTRO_FEATURES(xfce) as a switch to control,
> in short term, we could use it to control bbappend in meta-xfce,
> in long term, we could use it to control more xfce specific features
>
> (As a alternative way, I also tried to remove bbappend directly,
> but I found the existence of bbappend is indeed necessary)

blueman upstream defaults to installing the files for thunar-sendto.
Andreas, was there any specific reason why you made this conditional
instead of keeping it enabled unconditional with only an RSUGGESTS
on thunar?

gdmflexiserver looks like a workaround for something that should be
fixed properly instead to me.
But short-term adding it to the normal lxdm recipe in meta-oe might
be an options?

> //Hongxu

cu
Adrian