[oe] systemd-conf bbappend not working (warrior)

Visser Sander (2) (Consultant) sander.visser.2 at consultant.volvo.com
Mon Feb 10 09:18:38 UTC 2020

Im on latest warrior. You are right - the systemd version is 241 and not 243 in warrior, but the systemd-conf package is built as 1.0-r0 despite recipe being systemd-conf_241.bb in warrior:4edf4eb9cc86fbd4b51240fae527c1b97a7ace74 poky.

Any ideas why tmp/work decides to build the recipe as 1.0-r0. That seems to be the reason for my systemd-conf_241.bbappend task/changes not being applied...

I have tried both a do_install_append() and inserting a task of my own before install to change the default configuration files. None of these changes are applied (it worked fine in sumo where config files are part of systemd recipe). If I name my bbappend  "_1.0" then bitbake complains it can not be applied, so bitbake at some level seems to know the version is supposed to be 241.

/Regards Sander