[oe] systemd failing in master with Assertion clock_gettime(map_clock_id(clock_id), &ts) failed

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 10:09:12 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 10:43 AM Alex Kiernan <alex.kiernan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On the offchance someone's tripped over this already/has pointers:
>
> Around the time python2 dropped out, I'm now seeing boot failures with:
>
> [  612.151548] systemd-journald[543]: Assertion
> 'clock_gettime(map_clock_id(clock_id), &ts) == 0' failed at
> src/basic/time-util.c:55, function now(). Aborting.
>
> I suspect it's unrelated to py2, but that's delayed me getting to the problem.
>
> The board I'm targetting is AM335x based, but without an RTC (which I
> suspect may be relevant).
>
> Anyone seen anything similar?
>
> --
> Alex Kiernan
Hi Alex,

Have not seen that one yet. Will look for it once I can build images
in current environment (python2/Qt5.14 broke loads for me). What I
have seen were problems with timedatectl <-> ntp. Changing from local
time to ntp-sync did not work: Time remained un-synced on recent
images. Machine was Raspi so no RTC either.

Don't know if this is related to your finding...

Andreas