[OE-core] dbus-native --with-x

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Wed Jun 1 17:08:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 11:58 -0500, Mark Hatle wrote:
> On 6/1/11 11:54 AM, Phil Blundell wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 11:48 -0500, Mark Hatle wrote:
> >> So in the above, perl and python are really the only items that could be disabled.
> >
> > Just to be clear, in the list you mentioned, were you talking about the
> > usage of rpm-native for rpmdeps, or the usage by package_rpm.bbclass
> > itself?
>
> I was talking about rpm-native recipe in general, and how it's used.
>
> rpmdeps requires a good chunk of the rpm infrastructure (even if we don't end up
> using rpmbuild or rpm commands during the build..)

Do you happen to have a list of what exactly rpmdeps does require?
Based on the descriptions you gave before, I'm guessing that it probably
doesn't need openssl (since, afaik, it doesn't do any signing) or pcre
(since it isn't building any packages) or acl, attr, bzip and zlib
(since it also isn't installing anything).

It presumably does still need pcre, and I have no idea whether it needs
db or expat.

> It "should" be as simple and adding --without-perl and --without-python to the
> configuration line...  but I haven't tried it.

Righto.  I'll give that a try later and see what happens.

p.