[OE-core] superfluous download locations in oe-core's bitbake.conf

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Jun 22 14:45:24 UTC 2012

On Friday 22 June 2012 16:38:12 Martin Jansa wrote:
> Is there easy way for layer to define additional MIRRORs with global
> scope for layer? e.g. putting them layer.conf?

I believe that works yes.

> e.g. FREESMARTPHONE_GIT is used in few recipes in meta-oe and in many in
> meta-fso layer and right now is only defined but not used in oe-core.
>
> So moving FREESMARTPHONE_GIT definition from oe-core to meta-oe will add
> aditional dependency on meta-oe, but still better then duplicating it in
> both layer or even in many .inc files.

I don't think we want to remove any that are going to cause that kind of pain.
If the value is still valid and more than one layer is using the variable then
it's reasonable to keep there. On the other hand, if it's invalid or only one
layer is likely to ever use it (e.g. the Opie ones that I removed earlier)
then it's a candidate for moving out, IMHO.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton