[OE-core] libexecdir and multilib

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri May 3 09:29:08 UTC 2013

On 2 May 2013 19:07, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com> wrote:
> Just because we're using RPM doesn't mean we have to follow Fedora.  There
> are a lot of things that Fedora does wrong (and right) IMHO.  Same with
> Debian and others.  We need to make sure we do appropriate choices based on
> the users of OE-Core.  These users may need specific situations and/or
> expect certain configurations that they are used to from Fedora.  So
> deviating for the sake of deviating is bad as well... There needs to be a
> technical reason for it.

Agreed - we can't take the stance of "follow Fedora as we're using
rpm" as we're also using dpkg (and Debian's policy is different to
Fedora's in almost point where FHS is vague) *and* opkg (which doesn't
have a native distro in that sense).  In the area of libexec and
multilib there is no consensus at the moment.

Ross