[OE-core] Strange looking commit in oe-core, 4cee162c292915e

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Jan 6 13:09:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 13:25 +0100, Jacob Kroon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just an observation from my side, I was looking at the recent commits
> in OE-Core and saw 4cee162c292915e68e8efcab68a31ba0e48105e9,
> "enchant: fix unrecognised option"
>
> The actual commit message doesn't seem to have anything to do with the
> actual patch. Perhaps it has been rebased and gone through some other
> massaging, the patch seems to make sense, at least to me, still it
> would be nice to always have sane commit messages.

It looks like some wires got crossed, yes :( I've pulled it from one of
Saul's branches and shouldn't have done.

We do put quite a lot of effort into keep the standard of commit
messages high. Equally, with the volume of patches coming in and the
pressure to get things merged, the odd issue does creep in :(. More help
in patch aggregation, testing and review would always be appreciated
however its a pretty thankless task :/.

It does look like the change in question is a valid change but simply
doesn't match the description.