[OE-core] Fwd: Add recipe to openembedded, adjust layer

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Jul 30 18:09:53 UTC 2014

On 7/30/14, 12:53 PM, Leah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a recipe - cyassl_3.1.0.bb <http://cyassl_3.1.0.bb>, a lightweight ssl
> library that I would like to add to openembedded. I am not sure as to the best
> location, perhaps recipes-connectivity? Do I need to submit this recipe the same
> way I would submit a layer?

Usually we say meta-oe first -- unless the item shows a significant reason to be
in oe-core.  (The gating factor for oe-core is it really does need to be a core
piece of functionality, and something the maintainers are willing to promise to
fix if it brakes.  Due to limited resources, it's currently difficult for any of
the maintainers to promise that.. thus meta-oe first.)

> Also, is there a way to edit my current layer's information(meta-wolfssl) on the
> openembedded layer index?

A number of us have access to edit the layer information (myself included).
Feel free to send me an email with the edits.

--Mark