[OE-core] Broken NPM builds

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Thu Apr 27 09:52:54 UTC 2017

On 04/26/2017 11:31 PM, Ilkka Myller wrote:
> This design allows building static, immutable, OE-proper packages for
> Node.js based applications while still using standard npm installation
> process on the build host. This is where OE core npm class differs the
> most by-design.

But are they reproducible? If the app is built one week later, is there
a guarantee that it will pull in the same components, and a check that
it is indeed so?

Also, are the licenses of various dependencies tracked and enforced?

> meta-nodejs has chosen not to promote non-standard use of npm utility,
> npm repository or npm installation process.

With this, I fully agree. I can only see pain and suffering with the
current oe-core approach.

Alex