[oe] Looking for Familiar/iPAQ local.conf example

Nicola Ranaldo ranaldo at unina.it
Thu Dec 14 12:39:15 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 20:11, Sam Green wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have followed http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/GettingStarted _very_
> carefully, but I am unable to get past the "bitbake nano" step. Here is the
> output:
[...]

> OE Build Configuration:
> BB_VERSION     = "1.6.3"
> OE_REVISION    = "7dc5c6145f5a9f64aba3521e24e1a0b1ff7f0e0e"
> TARGET_ARCH    = "arm"
> TARGET_OS      = "linux"
> MACHINE        = "h3800"
> DISTRO         = "familiar"
> DISTRO_VERSION = "0.8.4"
> TARGET_FPU     = "soft"
[...]
> I think my problem is my local.conf. Can someone developing for
> Familiar/iPAQ post theirs?
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

I'm not an OE expert, i'm trying to answer you as i had your problems before.
Familiar is unmantained in OE, and the 0.8.4 build was born from a separate OE
tree (http://familiar.handhelds.org/#build). If you need to compile packages
outside the official familiar build, you have to contact familiars
mantainers, or try to copy .bb file from official OE or write them.  You my
try to contact Paul Sokolovsky too as it wrote a configuration file to
produce packages compatible with familiar 0.8.4.
I need, for example, qt-x11-4.1.2 for my familiar on h2200 as i'm writing a qt
tool that use some >=4.1 api and i'll want to port it in openembedded.
I found the bitbake file in OE but not in familiar tree. I do not know if
building it in OE and installing on familiar is safe, or it will be safe in
the future!, so i'm wasting time for a week in trying to compile angstrom for
h2200 failing with a "no init found" (#1667 on bugs.openembedded.org), and
now i'm trying to compile familiar build and trying to port the 4.1.2 bb file
from OE hoping it runs. After that i'll try to write my first .bb to compile
my qt tool, and if it will run i 'll finally patch the code to be nice
displayed an a small screen. I want to contribute to OE in general (i'm think
i'm not alone), but the problem is that due to lack of documentation i do not
know if i'll have all the time in doing it, probabily i'll wait for 3/4
months and return to OE/angstrom/familiar to check if somethink changed.
If was not precise please correct me!

Regards

	Nicola Ranaldo