[oe] MIPS32 big endian support?

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Tue Nov 21 11:57:28 UTC 2006

Richard How schrieb:
> On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:25:04 +0100
> Nils Faerber <nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de> wrote:
>> Has anyone already experience with OE and MIPS32 big endian configurations?
>> I have a board here which runs big endian for which I might want to
>> create a config for toolchain (SDK) and distribution...
>>
>> So if anyone has tried that already I would be happy to read a " yes,
>> works like a charm!" ;)
>
> Hi Nils, works like a charm :) I have MIPS32 big endian development board
> and have succeeded with bitbake meta-gpe, FBReader, sylpheed and
> epdfview. Still awaiting full size screen and touch panel so I can't test
> thoroughly yet, but I have ssh-ed to the board and run GPE apps
> successfully.

Cool!
Which distribution and machine config did you use? I did not find any
big endian configs in standard OpenEmbedded...
Did you use uclibc? Gcc compile failed with uclibc and I had to add two
minor patches...

> Regards
> Richard
Cheers
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts GbR      Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Dreisbachstr. 24         Fax: +49-271-771091-19