[oe] Getting Started -Makefile

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Mon Nov 19 14:41:07 UTC 2007

Am 19.11.2007 um 13:08 schrieb David Farning:

> This eliminates many of problems the new users have setting up bb
> and oe.  There is no need to know any thing about svn of monotone.

Hey,

this is the issue you want to solve? IMO developers should know about
how to build software and this includes getting the source. I think
it is no use in hiding OpenEmbedded and BitBake behind a GNU Makefile.

I have the feeling that the issue you want to solve needs to be
solved by the distro/origanisation to provide a SDK so people can
build software.

z.

PS: This doesn't change the fact that we need better documentation...