[oe] Getting Started -Makefile

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Tue Nov 20 23:06:45 UTC 2007

Rod Whitby wrote:

> And you continue to dodge the real question of what needs to be done to
> bitbake to make it easier to use than a Makefile - it's already less
> characters to type, why aren't people using it.

I can answer that.

Because make is more familiar to us. We have used it for years. No need
to learn something new, and we can instantly get on with the job at
hand, instead of reading web docs, and fighting with bitbake, etc. You
see a makefile, you instantly know what to do, without having to spend
30 minutes searching wiki's.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech