[oe] [Review] Remove /xorg-lib/pixman_* in favor of /libpixman/libpixman_*

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:29:32 UTC 2008

Hello Philipp,

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 4:45 PM, pHilipp Zabel <philipp.zabel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Leon Woestenberg
>  <leon.woestenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Hello Koen,
>  >  On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Koen Kooi
>  >  <koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:
>  >  >  How about dropping the xorg-lib one and renaming libpixman to pixman?
>  >  >
>  >  +1 on both. I'll commit tomorrow if nobody beat me to it.
>
>  Sorry I'm late, but I kind of maybe disagree a bit. I might be
>  confused about the cairo/xorg source locations, but as I understand
>  it, xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/lib is the canonical
>  upstream version. So why not put it in xorg-lib and make use of
>  xorg-lib-common.inc?

Putting it in xorg-lib is not the big issue. However including
xorg-lib-common.inc is a big issue.

For a system that only uses pixman, and not anything else, it starts
building a complete X server etc. etc. because the xorg include adds
those dependencies.

These dependencies are NOT in pixman. Maybe in upper libraries, but
even then it depends on their configuration etc. etc.

I'ld like to keep the "embedded" in OpenEmbedded, also for small
embedded Linux systems.

>  +1 on the libpixman -> pixman part though.

OK, that sounds easy enough.

What would be the good reason to keep pixman in the xorg-lib
directory? Why do we have this directory, we don't have a gnome/
directory where gtk+ lives, I do not really see the benefit?

Regards,
--
Leon