[oe] git and dir

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Thu Aug 14 11:45:46 UTC 2008

Phil Blundell wrote:
> What's the specific corruption that you're worried about?

Maybe my worries are unfounded and that would be great.  I was thinking
that building for a certain distribution but changing the checked out
repo underneath its feet back and forth could eventually result in
incompatible stuff getting into TMPDIR and particularly staging.  Think
switching between dev, stable, openmoko and some of its variant and
building stuff in between.  I don't think it is too far-fetched to worry
this might lead to some incompatabilities in what is under TMPDIR.