[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev classes/kernel.bbclass: Remove usage of non-standard variables (DEPLOY_TO) and random renaming of output.

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 14:33:10 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:07:24 +0100
"rpurdie commit" <openembedded-commits at lists.openembedded.org> wrote:

> classes/kernel.bbclass: Remove usage of non-standard variables
> (DEPLOY_TO) and random renaming of output.

Well, if it's not standard, let's make it standard. It's useful to make
robust interaction with external tools, now that we come to conclusion
bitbake can't do it itself. So, some tool would use it to ask OE to
deliver some result to the place expected by the tool, instead of
making tool dig in external OE structures, which are also subject to
change, also on per-distro (-user?) level.

[]

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com