[oe] Git Migration Status

Esben Haabendal esbenhaabendal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 21:35:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:

> Also, "the kernel does this, why can't we" is a totally bogus argument:
>
> 1. If the kernel jumped off a cliff, would you too?
> 2. The kernel uses a pull model for development and people check IDs for
> some sanity before pulling. With the push model we're going for we don't
> have that luxury.

This raises another question I have been wondering. Does this push model
fit OE better than pull?
The pull model seems to work nicely for the Linux kernel, and as I see it, has
the advantage that the "infrastructure" adapts automagically to the needs of
the developers/community.

I am just wondering...

/Esben