[oe] RFC: restart wiki from scratch

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Mon May 26 22:23:19 UTC 2008

Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the openembedded website is in rather bad shape lately.  This includes
> the wiki which has both technical and content problems.  I suggest to
> start anew.
>
> I'd like to go with mediawiki instead this time for the simple reason
> that there are more of us who are actually familiar with this software
> both from an admin and a user perspective.  Mediawiki was the software
> for the OZ wiki which at its time wasn't doing too badly.
>
> Whatever we do, I think we should not allow the current state to exist
> much longer.

Wouldn't it be better to switch the complete website to something like
ikiwiki[1]? That way every developer has the complete site and history
available offline for editing and non-developers can edit it using their
webbrowsers. Both http://monotone.ca/ and http://cairographics.org/ are
very happy after their transition to ikiwiki.

regards,

Koen

[1] ikiwiki has mtn/svn/hg/git backends, so we can keep it in our
scm-du-jour.