[oe] RFC: restart wiki from scratch

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Mon May 26 22:46:01 UTC 2008

Hi Koen,

Koen Kooi wrote:
> Wouldn't it be better to switch the complete website to something like
> ikiwiki[1]?

Thank you for the suggestion.  I admit, I have never before heard about
ikiwiki.  Having offline editing capabilities certainly sounds
interesting.  But a quick look around google suggests that spam
protection is hard to come by.  If that is the case, I don't think it
would be a good choice for that reason alone.

On the other hand, a really quick google scan (just skimming the results
without actually visiting the pages) of "mediawiki offline OR git"
indicates that others have thought about using mediawiki offline.  Going
with the biggest project here will likely open up the biggest pool of
plugins, tweaks, etc.  Possibly including an offline or SCM integration.

Regards

Rolf