[oe] minimal xwindows

John Buckley buckleyassoc at comcast.net
Thu Dec 3 22:33:27 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am doing simple USB video streaming using XWindows, Gstreamer and GTK+.  The build that I am currently running on is the full-featured Angstrom GPE Palmtop.

I would like to keep the build intact since it contains all the components and libraries I need.  However, I would like to strip the XWindows boot-up so that only my Xwindow application runs for now so I can see if there are any significant performance improvements in my video streaming.

Does anyone know how I can prevent the GPE from starting?  And, how I can launch my GTK+/Xwindows application on bootup.

John