[oe] Suppress kernel image from the filesystem image

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Thu Jun 18 11:01:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 20:06 -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> I played with it for some time and realized that in order for it to work, the
> kernel needs to be rebuilt before the new dependencies take place. So, I
> added this to the local.conf:
>
> RDEPENDS_kernel-base = ""
>
> And after rebuilding the kernel and the filesystem I no longer see kernel
> image in the filesystem!

Ah, very good.  I wonder why that wasn't working properly for me when I
tried it.

> The only problem I see with this approach is it builds the kernel packages
> differently (USE-flags, anyone?) and if I use a public feed, I may end up
> installing kernel image into the system again...

I wouldn't have thought this would be too much of a problem in practice
since, generally, the choice of whether or not to put the kernel in the
rootfs is just going to be governed by the (DISTRO,MACHINE) tuple and
doesn't depend on any other details of the image being built.  Is that
not true in your use-case?

p.