[oe] Patch for libfann-2.0.0 recipe

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Thu Jun 18 18:56:21 UTC 2009

Elvis Dowson wrote:
> Hi Koen,
>
> On Jun 18, 2009, at 10:14 PM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>
>> I think the fann authors know best where to install their to, which
>> means using autotools_stage_all.
>>

> Not really, atleast I'm new to oe, and it took me a while to get to this
> stage. I can find my way around a bit now, but I really can't understand
> the pros and cons of using PR, INC_PR, etc. Most of the recipes in oe
> all use PR anyway.
>
> I just pitched in to help Justin out. And thought I'd just submit the
> patch back. You may alter it and incorporate it as you see fit.

I think we've flogged this horse to death.

Koen has convinced me Fedora is staging the headers to the wrong place
by pointing out:

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=fann.h&mode=exactfilename&suite=unstable&arch=any

using the argument "OE follows debian, not Redhat".

I'll look over the bb file and commit it based on the comments. Thanks
for your patience Elvis.

Philip