[oe] [Angstrom-devel] OMAP3530 bring-up (and installation of Angstrom)

Sergey Lapin slapinid at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 19:41:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko<denis at denix.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 09:50:41PM +0400, Sergey Lapin wrote:
>> Hi, all!
>>
>> I have a new OMAP3530-based board which is totally empty.
>> omapzoom tools recognize ASIC ID on serial port, so I think it should
>> be possible
>> to bring it up this way. Do anybody have some minimal testing program
>> to flip some GPIO,
>> or character on serial?
>> I can't get any output from x-loader on either UART1 or UART3.. How
>> should I build binary for
>> it to be recognized by boot loader over serial?
>> No JTAG is here for this processor, and I have some troubles with
>> understanding of
>> Windows tools.
>
> Does your board have any buttons or DIP-switches to select boot order? You may
> need to select the serial boot in order for the BootROM to send a handshake
> sequence on the UART3. The handshake on the therminal looks like several
> characters of garbage, starting with '40T'. The boot order is selected by a
> DIP-switch on OMAP3EVM and by a "User" button on BeagleBoard.
I probably skipped some details on last email, sorry. I see ASIC ID
pattern (some garbage containing 40T).
I use pserial from omapzoom and try to upload self-built x-loader
binary, it reports success,
but I see no output on either of serial ports. No error messages,
nothing at all. That's why I'm interested in
minimal test program to use oscilloscope on some pins. I see that GPIO
configuration on OMAP3 is a lot
more complex than on AT91 and PXA, so I look for samples to check what
debugging could be inserted into
x-loader to look what happens. Also, a question remains - is it needed
for binary to be signed
befor uploading to serial, or not?

Thanks a lot,
S.