[oe] xterm: either fix it, or remove it. please.

Mike Westerhof mike at mwester.net
Thu Nov 12 18:49:20 UTC 2009

Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

> So it is not really fedora specific, but it is SELinux specific.
> Do we want to support SELinux as build host ?

Do we want to?  Yes, it would be a nice thing to support.

Is it practical?  I think the answer is no.  In my experience, tools
like selinux have a tendency to require inordinate amounts of
administrative burden that just isn't practical in a development
environment.  I think requiring that selinux be disabled on build hosts
is a reasonable requirement, and will avoid wasting a lot of cycles that
should be spent on OE, and not on administration (or sending lots of
emails).

-Mike (mwester)