[oe] Using patchfiles with bitbake

Ardavon Falls afalls at qvxlabs.com
Thu Apr 15 07:18:52 UTC 2010

Every time I try and add my own patchfiles to a bitbake recipe it fails with
the following error...

No file to patch.  Skipping patch.
3 out of 3 hunks ignored
Patch unifdef-native_2.6.18.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
ERROR: Printing the environment of the function
ERROR: Error in executing:
ERROR: Exception:<class 'CmdError'> Message:Command Error: exit status: 1
Output:
Applying patch unifdef-native_2.6.18.patch

I'm creating the patch with the following command line

diff -crB unifdef.c.orig unifdef.c > unifdef-native_2.6.18.patch

and the patch file looks like

*** unifdef.c.orig	2010-04-14 23:19:41.824235628 -0700
--- unifdef.c	2010-04-14 23:20:53.874235836 -0700
***************
*** 206,212 ****
  static void             error(const char *);
  static int              findsym(const char *);
  static void             flushline(bool);
! static Linetype         getline(void);
  static Linetype         ifeval(const char **);
  static void             ignoreoff(void);
  static void             ignoreon(void);
--- 206,212 ----
  static void             error(const char *);
  static int              findsym(const char *);
  static void             flushline(bool);
! static Linetype         retrieveline(void);
  static Linetype         ifeval(const char **);
  static void             ignoreoff(void);
  static void             ignoreon(void);
***************
*** 512,518 ****

  	for (;;) {
  		linenum++;
! 		lineval = getline();
  		trans_table[ifstate[depth]][lineval]();
  		debug("process %s -> %s depth %d",
  		    linetype_name[lineval],
--- 512,518 ----

  	for (;;) {
  		linenum++;
! 		lineval = retrieveline();
  		trans_table[ifstate[depth]][lineval]();
  		debug("process %s -> %s depth %d",
  		    linetype_name[lineval],
***************
*** 526,532 ****
   * help from skipcomment().
   */
  static Linetype
! getline(void)
  {
  	const char *cp;
  	int cursym;
--- 526,532 ----
   * help from skipcomment().
   */
  static Linetype
! retrieveline(void)
  {
  	const char *cp;
  	int cursym;

Why is this happening &how can I fix it?

Thanks

Ardy

!DSPAM:4bc6bddd15588352911731!