[oe] [RFC] recipes/images/${distro}

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 17:38:14 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 06:21:58PM +0100, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> 2010/2/27 Graeme Gregory <dp at xora.org.uk>:
> > On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 04:25:27PM +0100, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> >> Dear all,
> One could do:
> BBFILES = "${OE}/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/*/${DISTRO}/*.bb"
> BBFILES += "${OE}/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/*/*.bb"

images directory doesn't look so messy to me as some other directories
and also image recipes are usually quite easy to read/understand, so
I'm not sure why they need to be moved.

> > The other option, angstrom images used to be in recipes/angstrom and we
> > were asked to move them out so other distros can use them. Id be quite
> > happy with them to return to angstrom/ as it seems they are not useful
> > to other distros anyway.
>
> (and on a personal note: maybe 25+ angstrom recipes is a little bit
> overkill, are these all actually used? )

even 25+ images seems more usefull to me than ie 19 mesa recipes and 17x
pixman (I already moved few and all libpixman to obsolete).

So from my point of view, image recipes doesn't need so much maintenance
as just pulls some subset of packages, why should someone remove them?

On the other side, additional patches are usually added only to latest,
most used recipe (where they are usually also tested) and older recipes
are just getting dust.

Hmm I'm already a bit off-topic, but nobody replied to my "Policy for moving
 older versions to obsolete" :/.

Regards,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr