[oe] [RFC] recipes/images/${distro}

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Sat Feb 27 18:04:21 UTC 2010

Dnia sobota, 27 lutego 2010 o 18:21:58 Frans Meulenbroeks napisał(a):
> One could do:
> BBFILES = "${OE}/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/*/${DISTRO}/*.bb"
> BBFILES += "${OE}/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/*/*.bb"

BBFILES = "${OE}/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/" is supported since I do not
remember when.

Making extra levels in recipes/ dir was discussed so many times that it makes
me sad when I see yet another discussion about it which will change nothing.

Images/ directory never had sensible naming. "angstrom-gnome-image" is smaller
then "angstrom-x-image", x11-image is another version of gpe-image (content is
other but result is same - user lands in GPE + Matchbox v1). If you want to
have kind of order there then start creating "frans-really-minimal", "frans-
basic-x11-without-gtk-but-small-as-possible", "frans-x11-gpe-mb1", "frans-x11-
gnome" etc images.

This directory is dump of recipes created by many developers, some of them are
probably 5-6 years old. There are many recipes for images outside of our
repository (like bug-image-production for example or those which generate 1GB
sized rootfs from Montavista). I have on disk image recipe which generate
package which I use to generate final image. Etc, ETc, ETC...

So generally I am against moving recipes which mention angstrom to
recipes/angstrom/ just because they contain 'angstrom' word inside. If I will
push "umbaumba-magic-image" recipe will you opt for moving it to
recipes/umbaumba just because I wrote it for my internal-no-one-saw-it-and-
who-knows-does-it-exists-at-all distribution?

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz