[oe] move marvell firmware tarballs out of OE repo?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 17 21:46:34 UTC 2010

Am Sonntag, den 17.01.2010, 20:44 +0100 schrieb Rolf Leggewie:
> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   (this is the first in a small number of postings to clarify the
> > purpose of some tarballs in the OE dev repository
>
> DUDE!
>
> Why are you again wasting everybody's time?  I thought you wanted to use
> git log yourself to find out and then targeting the relevant people in a
> focused fashion instead of flooding the list with this junk?

(Very polite! ;-))

If you look at his other messages you will see that this was probably
not Robert’s intention and that he did his best.

> BTW, re your suggestion to add READMEs.  Well, I guess that is fine.
> But for people who aren't too lazy to use "git log --find-copies-harder"
> the answers are often right there.

(Again not a nice implication.)

Anyways looking at the relevant commit

        $ git log --follow recipes/firmwares/marvell-gspi-fw/9.70.3-p37.tar.gz
        commit 7ea3026aa3c216f9943711771e9245b2b6ff7c84