[oe] OE recipe tree quality

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Fri Jul 30 08:41:01 UTC 2010

On 30-07-10 10:34, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

> Does

> As Thomas points out, as soon as you start blacklisting things (which
> actually increases quality), bitbake world doesn't work anymore.
>

>> Blacklisting does *NOT* increase quality. It just hides the problem and as
>> such it is ostrich behaviour.

You're saying that making a choice to only support bluez4 and disallow
linking to random bluez versions does not increase quality? The bluez
people are quite clear on this, pick a version and stick with it.
So please explain to me why following upstream advice and making things
deterministic doesn't increase quality?
You seem to be implying that the bluez developers are a bunch of
ostriches for keeping the API compatible, no?