[oe] using i2c on a mx28evk

Andreas Mueller schnitzeltony at gmx.de
Wed Jul 13 16:46:45 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, July 13, 2011 02:30:15 PM Christian Borutta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running an Angström Linux on a Freescale mx28evk board. For using the
> i2c ports of the board I compiled and installed the packages i2c and
> i2c-dev, but the Kernelmoduls are missing.
>
> While booting the system sends the message:
>
> " FATAL: Module i2c-pxa not found.
>    FATAL: Module i2c-pxa not found."
>
> I'm neither able to load the modules with modprobe nor do I find the
> modules ( I think one of them is  i2c-dev.ko) anywhere in the filesystem.
>
> Can anybody help me solving this issue?
>
> Christian Borutta
Hi Christian,

I checked the recipe i2c: In the file I2c.init this recipe wants to modprobe i2c-
pxa. Without having further background on this recipe it seems that it is not
meant for any board but pxa based ( can anybody confirm ? )
Additional this packet wants to modprobe i2c-dev. This is not the oe-devel-
packet but a wrapper kernel-module for creating a device node in /dev. I will
later modify the kernel configuration so that i2c-dev is created and see which
modules are created...

Regards

Andreas