[oe] package trying to link to /usr/lib/.lib instead of /usr/lib during staging

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 2 09:38:57 UTC 2011

Dear Wei,

Am Freitag, den 02.09.2011, 17:58 +1000 schrieb Wei Kong:

> Apologies, but I am not sure how to proceed as I am new to posting on
> mailing lists.

please read the netiquette [1], for example please use interleaved style
when replying.

> I don't really want to commit this change,

In my opinion it is always good to contribute and try to get things
upstream. We are always looking forward to contributions.

> I was just seeing if anyone knows how to make openembedded look into
> the correct staging library folder, and the recipe was there just for
> reference.

I am not sure, but you are overwriting the tasks configure and compile.
Why do you have to do that? Is your package using autotools? Anyway, you
have to make sure that the correct paths are used when you call
`configure` and `make`. Normally OpenEmbedded uses `oe_runconf` and
`oe_runmake` and makes sure to path the correct things.

> But if I need to submit a patch to get some insight, please let me know.

I cannot promise anything but it would make helping easier.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette