[oe] package trying to link to /usr/lib/.lib instead of /usr/lib during staging

Wei Kong wckong at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 01:27:23 UTC 2011

Hi Paul,

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Paul Menzel <
paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I am not sure, but you are overwriting the tasks configure and compile.
> Why do you have to do that? Is your package using autotools? Anyway, you
> have to make sure that the correct paths are used when you call
> `configure` and `make`. Normally OpenEmbedded uses `oe_runconf` and
> `oe_runmake` and makes sure to path the correct things.
>
>  I had to overwrite the tasks as if I included the "inherit autoconf" line,
bitbake would perform an autoconf, and for some reason, the configure file
generated was unusable and I do not know how to solve this. The default
configure file that comes with the release can be used, which is why I
overwrote the mentioned tasks to not perform an autoreconf.

The recipe I am referring to is the ace package located under
"openembedded/recipes/ace" and the version is 5.6.8.

I think I have set the paths correctly, in particular the libdir which I
have set to ${STAGING_LIBDIR}, but it is still looking at
${STAGING_LIBDIR}/.lib for the libstdc++.so library.

I can post the do_configure and do_compile scripts showing their
environments if it will help.

Thanks and regards,

Wei