[oe] oe-core layer including support for i.MX28

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Mar 15 17:21:37 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 14:16, Alex J Lennon
<ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk> wrote:
>>I think the first solution is better and that custom boards should be added
>> to custom layers
>
> Hmmm ok, thanks That being the case it may be better for me to migrate my
> recipes from
> the oe-classic codebase into a new layer created from scratch. It'll be
> quicker and easier for
> me that way but perhaps less generic.

I think many things can be merged back but it is better to have custom
boards in specific layers that inherit meta-fsl-arm. That said, I do
believe you ought to check if your changes cannot be made generic
(ofthenly it can be done) and this could allow it to be merged here.

> (Although my understanding was that Freescale have no intention of providing
> Linux support related
>  to OpenEmbedded at this time? Or at least that's what they are telling me
> :)

Please complain at them ... this is the only way to revert it. Some
individuals are working with OpenEmbedded/Yocto and it might end
changing the Freescale's position if we can enough community support
and complains at them :-)

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br