Initial notes regarding OE builds on Darwin / OS-X machines
I am currently testing on i386-darwin.
- Use the darwin branch (though currently all of its changes have been merged to master)
- touch conf/sanity.conf, to ignore the chrpath, help2man checks
- touch classes/relocatable.bbclass to avoid the need for chrpath
- touch classes/packaged-staging.bbclass, to work around tar --owner issue
- Note that there *are* some issues remaining with case sensitivity, eglibc is one, it's unable to be fetched. Currently working around this by doing builds in a mounted disk image, sparse, case-sensitive journaled.
- Have *not* managed a complete task-boot as of yet, the bugs have to be fixed one by one as they're encountered, for the most part.